View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 07:10 PM   #22
Debaser
ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero View Post
Debaser, what did you get from the scene in where Marlo leaves the party he's at with Levy, goes to a random corner and confronts some random corner boys? I don't know what to think with that, was it one last gangsta act from Marlo before leaving the game for the business world, or did Marlo realize after seeing the shot (or was it a stab wound?) in his arm that the streets are the only place for him?
I honestly don't know which way Marlo will go. It's obvious he doesn't want to become a businessman. He went down to the street just to show to himself that he's still the man. But what then? They are purposely leaving the audience to guess.

Are you familiar with "What's Alan Watching" blog? He has tremendous recaps and insights on every wire episode.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2008/0...baltimore.html

But to be excommunicated from The Game? To be granted money and freedom but lose his power and his rep and the only world he's ever known or cared about? That's some "Twilight Zone" stuff right there. As Simon (who refused to elaborate on whether Marlo's return to the corner was a one-time thing or the beginning of his attempt to return to that life under the cop's noses) puts it in our interview:

Marlo is cut off from the source of his power, desperate to rescue his name. To me, the great irony is that Marlo ends up being granted what Stringer wanted -- and he has no use for it. To me, to a guy like Marlo Stanfield, hell is a business meeting with a bunch of developers. For Stringer, it was all he wanted.