View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 09:07 AM   #8080
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

when i have my orientation thursday i am going to ask about two different programs: one is a combined BA/MPP program that takes 5 years to complete (since i'm a transfer student, i'm looking at just under 3 years) or a 3+3 JD program where undergraduates students are admitted simultaneously (and conditionally) to its law school.

students complete the first 3 years of undergraduate study and spend the last 3 in law school and only get their BA after completing the first year of law school (yikes). but since i am transferring, this means only one more year until i could be in law school, which sounds way more fun. i meet the gpa requirement but i just gotta find out what else matters.

only 4 more years to earn my JD? yes, please. i feel lucky in a way i went back to school as an adult. i was working a lot in non-profits and one in particular frustrated me; i was working as a direct support personnel for people with disabilities and was appalled at how some of the staff treated clients. it ended with my anonymously reporting them to DCFS and OSHA. around christmastime i asked for time off to go to panama and i was denied. one night i was at home wondering what i should do and i decided i would go anyway and get fired and enroll in school when i returned. i started in january.

i realized most non-profits are shit and if i really want to help people, it's not going to be working for a bunch of people who don't care.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 07-25-2018 at 09:18 AM.