View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #1323
KissesandNoise
Banned

Advanced intelli-what? The latter. Long time listener, first time caller. I think I only check in when there is a tour or album cycle. I visited Netphoria the site, but didn't get on the board until the reunion. I was excited to hear the new band and felt that it was always Jimmy and Billy anyway. I fought with people here butthurt over D'arcy and James. I came to realize only recently that although they aren't as technically proficient, the intangibles they offered are nearly as important. So I've only come to know the bitter angle of the board. I'm astonished by the wealth of knowledge here for a guy/band that is largely hated. I was so overwhelmed as a music fan by SP from 91-00 that I really feel Billy can do no wrong. I mean he can be wrong but he earned enough creative capital from me that I will always audit what he does. I will always see him live. I'll pay to watch Jimmy drum on a pizza box. The other side is Netphoria (and most of my friends); so blown away by the early output that anything that falls shy can fuck off. Some of it is age. Would old fans be moved by "Hummer" if it came out today? That's probably a bad example, but you know what I mean. Sometimes I hate it here because it's like looking under the hood. I just want to know the weird misanthrope, prolific songwriter/classic guitar god not the weird, mercurial guy that can't make his mind up and fucking stick to it. Never meet you idols. I liked KISS in grammar school because they were like gods. Get to know those guys and you're like, "fuck them!"