View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:20 AM   #548
Fonzie
Dute of Seven Y's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Back into skyrim

After nearly 200 hrs, i figured out how to make the game work for me

This isn’t dark souls, or world 8 mario, i suddenly realize. There will never be an occasion where i put down the switch to brag to the nearest stranger “gosh i just beat this eldritch frost troll on Legendary!” No. This is a pure fantasyland where i do what i like when i like. And what i don’t like is losing 30 minutes of the flowers and bugs i picked just b/c a random bear guts me

So, 1st thing first, slidin that difficulty slider to easiest of the easies. Choppin gangs of bandits all at once, now. Leveling a lot faster too, cause im not avoiding battles like a coward

2nd thing first, im skippin that go talk to whiterun crap at the start. This means no random dragon spawns, making my walks in the frost under the twin moons all the more gloriful

Third thing, im amoral af. Thieving, picking fights, betraying friends, everything. Mayhem and blood, there is no code. This feels freeing and allows the player to experience that gta-like rush of omg i cant believe my characters gonna back over that officer but — yep — oops/squish he! he! he!

Fourth, i dunno man, it’s just different this time, feels like i found my deepgroove of enjoyment
I’m playing Enderal, the total conversion or mod or whatever you call it. It’s pretty damn cool for a community mod.