View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #173
Deadeyes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel
Billy's mixed up the person-perspective his entire career... half his songs start with "I" and end with "They." It's just how he writes.
Yes im not acting like its different, im saying that it seems more TFE unfocused then it does most SP stuff. Like he just wrote it and it encompasses a general vibe rather than being specific. Most detail seems to generic and impersonal the way it reads. But I haven't grasped all the lyrics yet. I am also kinda dissapointed with the lack of emotional edge portrayed in Billy's voice. Even poor/mediocre lyrics can be dressed up if Billy uses his range to make it show he feels them, I don't know what happened to it after Machina. Adversely good lyrics and sentiments will seem flaccid if he doesn't put that emotion in.

While I say this though, I have become used to Billy's more mature restrained voice, and I still like it. But he misses that edge, the edge which personifies his dialect and gives it the character to manifest itself emotionally in the listeners mind.

Last edited by Deadeyes : 05-18-2007 at 04:43 PM.