View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 10:52 AM   #456
Todd White
Pledge

I purchased the original Gish Rough Mix cassette from Mike Po. It was transferred to DAT then SHNs with the help of Fares Halteh. We then circulated it.

I purchased the original '85 - '87 Marked cassette from Ron Roesing. Fares assisted with the transfer. This is the copy in circulation. I don't recall if we circulated the Joliet Tape and Attic Rehearsal. Ron Roesing might have sent me these CD-Rs as well, but I don't know if he did the transfers or received them from someone else. I think he likely received them from someone else.

Mike Po also sent me The Reel Time Sessions (both electric & acoustic) on two CD-Rs. He told me the recordings were transferred directly from his master copy (I think he had DATs). Anyway, this is the copy in circulation.

We also circulated a version of Machina Acoustic Demos. The story goes that the niece of a hockey player (Billy's friend) sent an analogue copy to someone. That was circulated. Fares then cleaned up that version and circulated again. Eventually, someone obtained a digital copy from the hockey player's original CD. I have a copy. I assume this was circulated as well.

This is to the best of my recollection at the moment!