View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 07:36 PM   #28
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
The album had a story, they made the album and everyone understood the message pretty clearly, it's about the band breaking up and its leader having a mental breakdown. There's really no need to dig deeper into this story and try to flesh it out any more, just reissue the fucking album and release the Metro DVD. Anyway, it's not like we could trust Billy to artistically do any reconstruction of the story any justice anyway. Have you heard his recent projects? And by recent I mean the last 10 years...
I dunno, if you sketched out a bunch of chapters for a novel you wrote 20 years ago, it's a simple matter to put them back in the right order.

The only issue is, yes, now he's got it set on being fifty-odd tracks when all this time he's said it was supposed to be a double album. But I think it ought to be pretty easy to separate what he originally wanted to be on there versus what he's adding on now.

No matter what he does, even IF he put it out only as the double album he always said it was originally, you're going to get a situation where people trim it down to the tracks they prefer and argue about how it could have been a stronger album without X or with Y. People do it with MCIS to this day.

Tell you what though, for discussion's sake, if he HAD pitched a fifty-song album back in the day it'd make perfect sense for Virgin to have told him no sight unseen and for him to minimize it all these years by telling us it was only supposed to be two discs or whathaveyou.