View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #142
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.
yeah, i don;t like PJ and would like to know this.
sorry about the delay to my response here. been busy.

it started out simply enough. in the spring of 2003, i was going through a bunch of my pearl jam singles and shit one day and decided that i was gonna make myself a cd of all the kickass b-sides and rarities to play in my car. i made hte disc, and after a couple of attempts to get a great tracklisting, i had one i thought was pretty damn cool.

i took this cd in to work at the record store i worked at at the time, and there wwas i customer there who i had been friends with for quite a long time named owen. owen is one ofthose guys who is into music, and has been for many years. he is an older guy, and he knows damn near everybody in the local industry. now, i knew that he was a big pearl jam fan as well (unusual for a man in his 50's, but hey, whatever, they kick ass) and lent my cd. needless to say, he loved it, and took it with him that weekend when he went to visit another of his friends, Scott, who used to be a DJ for the local rock station 99.3 the fox. he heard this cd and loved it as well.

this scott guy, as it turns out, had met the band numerous times inthe past and had actually built up a friendly relationship with the band, especially Stone. scott actually had an appointment to interview the band (actually it was just stone and eddie) around this time weekend, and when he did, with him he brought this cd to seattle with him.

he played it for them, and fucking LOVED the idea. apparently eddie's exact wordsw were "why haven't we thought of doing this yet?"

this all took place in the span of about 1 week, maybe a week and a half. owen came back to my work with my cd in hand with the news that the boys decided pretty much on the spot that they would be putting out a compilation of b-sides in time for christmas.

all because i made a cd-r to play in my car.