View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 09:30 PM   #4
The Pashing Smumpkin
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
D'arcy is still alive, but yes, Trots is back in the band.

There's been a lot of other changes since you last posted. I was struggling with my sexuality for a while and had some realizations about myself. I came out as straight about eight years ago now. Have three kids now, a boy and two girls. The boy is unfortunately not with us, as we lost Anthony to SIDS early on. But he will always be part of the family, and the two younger children still understand that he is their brother whom they will finally meet one day when we all rejoin each other (I've also found faith and become Christian in the time since we last spoke, though I don't support any specific church and keep an open mind, remain an LGBT ally, etc).
Wow disco, it’s like I had the reverse story to you.
Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about Anthony, no parent should have to go thru that. Hope you’re doing ok.

Over the last decade, I’ve come out of the closet. Realised I was totally into men and about 6 years ago met my partner whom I love and adore.

No kids, not part of our life plan, however we both love cats, so we may get a few furry Rugrats in future.

I think I’ve gone from being atheist to anti-theist over the years. Wont get too into it, but religion isn’t part of my life, but of course full respect to yourself and anyone else that has it in their lives.

I got old… like, as soon as I hit 40, it was like I had a different awareness of my mortality and I started to really realise I’m not going to be around for much longer… part of that realisation came with the death of my father in 2017 and also acknowledging so many pop culture icons that I grew up with are dead.

Besides that, I also recently watched old. Don’t know why everyone was calling this “a shyamalan misfire” like the happening, as I really loved it and would definitely recommend it. 👍