View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 02:12 AM   #240
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
technically anything existing after crossing so many junctures and ending up at a particular place is very rare - thus rendering any possible outcome rare and unrare at the same time, because if no two outcomes are alike that concept is irrelevant.

btw i didn't mean what i said in a discouraging way - i just marvel at that thought. i feel breathless by it. it doesn't necessarily make me feel negatively or positively, just astounded by the sheer unbelievable complexity of it.

while thinking about the vastness of the universe can make many people feel hopeless or oppressed by insignificance, i feel very liberated by it. whenever shit gets me down i try to remember that we are much, much less than a single grain of sand on an infinite beach, and that i take myself waaaay to seriously to be brought down by that stuff and not enjoy what i can. well i try to anyway.

honestly can't tell if any of this comes off as profound or absolute new age stoner bullshit. gonna hit submit before i change my mind
I feel similarly most of the time, really. I am glad that my life is so insignificant that I can't really screw it up. If that makes sense? But instead of seeing myself as less than a grain of sand I see myself as a light so small that no one can see that it's on or when it goes out.

This might reflect my intimacy issues lol