View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #40
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

spoilers (from the books only) below:

I didn't really mind what Frost did with Donna because it seemed in line with her character to me. She was always a narcissistic and immature drama queen who couldn't stop meddling in other people's business and fucking shit up. Her disowning her family seemed to be the direction she was headed by the end of S2 anyway. At least she got a happy ending in that she reconciled with her dad. Poor Doc Hayward was always just trying to do what was right.

The Annie/Norma thing is what bothered me most. Completely rewriting Norma and Annie's family history seemed both weird and unnecessary to me. Making Vivian the evil stepmother makes sense I guess but I don't really get what that adds to the story. It honestly makes me wonder if what Frost said in Secret History was actually just a big fuck up and he had to reconcile the mistake somehow in the Dossier.

Annie probably was physically "fine," but going into the Black Lodge had apparently destroyed her soul or something... Hawk says if you enter with impure courage it will annihilate you.

One thing which I noticed and want to point out is that Tammy says Leo was shot by someone who planted their feet "bureau style," and thus concludes Windom Earl returned to the shack and killed Leo at some point. This is possible, but I think she is wrong because based on what we are shown in S2, Earl ties up Leo with the spiders to torture him or whatever and then goes straight to the Miss Twin Peaks contest, after which he goes to the Black Lodge. We aren't shown anything indicating he would have had time or opportunity to go back to his cabin to murder Leo. I think Doppelganger found and killed Leo, and he went to Earl's cabin for a specific reason. Is it just a coincidence Doppelganger has an identical mysterious communication device in a suitcase as Windom Earl?