View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:38 AM   #249
Whir34
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
1. Has not played music of any description in a public capacity for 20 years (let that sink in)
2. Mental breakdown, panic attacks, by own admission (from pressures of being in this band touring).
3. Struggles with substance abuse over a number of years. Tried to kill herself.
4. Has been arrested, caught drunk driving, jail.
5. Says it’s a lie she has been invited, or that billy wants her on tours then literally talks about invitations (posts proof)
6. Never friends / enjoyed friendship
7. Identifies as musician. Hasn’t played publically for 20 years. Listens to radio, doesn’t recognise her own music.
8. Is literally physically unable to play bass, whilst band is working on most recent demos
9. Casual racism.

Despite this feels it is unreasonable under these circumstances for Billy / the rest of the band not to invite her carte blanche to be full time touring bassist.
Then Billy literally offers a chance to be involved in the tour in whatever capacity she want’s from just 1 song to 7 songs. Offers her own bus. Doesn’t have to play ever gig if she doesn’t want to. Doesn’t have to sing even. This doesn’t sound like the band trying to push her away, they’re just saying they don’t think it’s in the best interest of anyone to be invited back in as a full time member right at that second…

For me at least Billy looks like he’s made a very sensible decision here.
Absolutely agree with this. Said it much better then I did. There are lots of flaws and contradictions in the interview and it just seems like rambling, throwing her toys out the pram. I am sorry for her that she isn't fit enough to be a part of it but it hasn't affected my interest in the reunion. D'Arcy has just shown by this interview that she is unstable and Corgan was right to leave her out instead of jeopardising her well being and sanity which has taken her a while to recover. I think he has left her out so as not to risk her mental or physical health.