View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 09:24 AM   #84
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFritz View Post
Sorry, what exactly are we supposed to be doing here? I didn’t mean to damage you.

I always think I should like Brotherhood more than I do, but the songs just aren’t as strong as some of their other stuff. Movement is also underrated.
no i was being sarcastic with the last thing. as i said before, that list is my personal ranking, but as with all my rankings i like to think there's at least a bit of objectivity involved. Brotherhood to me, aside from Substance, is the perfect introduction to New Order, especially for someone who was already into Joy Division. That first half is them in "rock band" mode which is a pretty good transition off the JD stuff, but then from Bizarre Love Triangle onward it's the stuff that truly set them apart

Movement to me, on the other hand, is just a "lite" version of Closer. Not horrible or anything, but it has none of the charm or character that really made N.O. their own band, and the best stuff from that time was the singles (Ceremony, Temptation, Everything's Gone Green) imo