View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 02:25 PM   #159
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Part 9 was great and really touching. I'm really loving just how important Garland Briggs remains to this new season...really feel like they had major plans for the character if the series had continued way back when and they're keeping true to the intent of that.

Really says something for Lynch and Frost's skill that they don't write around characters whose actors have passed; they're just as important now as they were.
Really good episode. Things are slowly starting to come together... Different elements of the story from earlier are finally being brought back into the fold, like the Bill Hastings story. We have three central groups of good guys whose stories are on a collision course (the FBI, Twin Peaks PD, and DougieCoop and co.) and shit is gonna be wild when they put all the pieces together. I am torn over DougieCoop. I want the real Coop back so bad and at this point it seems that is not going to happen until near the end (if at all?!?!) But I also understand that this is David Lynch and he doesn't really cater to feel-good geeky fandom, he just does what he feels is narratively and artistically the best. The closest thing we really have to a central hero in this season is Hawk.

And I totally agree with how touching ep. 9 was and how great it is that Briggs is still a central part of the story. Bobby was the MVP in this episode and I loved that, and I loved how it was referenced that Major Briggs always knew Bobby was going to turn out ok (like his vision in the original series). The scene at the Briggs' house sent chills down my spine.