View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 07:41 PM   #172
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post
Following on from this, what disgusting people the modern day Billy Corgan fans are: every other post on the SP Facebook is someone calling D'arcy a "junkie" (whilst conveniently ignoring the other band members' drug problems), and parroting whatever Billy said about overdubbing her parts on "the records" as an excuse to call her a shitty musician who contributed nothing. Even if you ignore her studio presence, it's still 11 years of playing on stage, tv, radio, videos, interviews, plus all the other promo shit, and it apprently means absolutely nothing. Oh yes, and then they post the mug shots. The stupidest thing is half the idiots aren't even old enough to have known the original band. I think I'd rather go to a Trump rally than risk running into one of these assholes at Billy's shitshow.

p.s. I wonder how many gigs D'arcy actually played? Would be nice to have a figure to beat them around the head with.
So much this. I’m a millennial but I am only a fan of the original incarnation of SP. I get really sick of seeing people parrot the bullshit Billy said about D’Arcy (and to a lesser extent James). I’ve watched enough live shows to know D’Arcy and Iha are good musicians.