View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
not sure if anyone is familiar with the way Queen Productions has been whoring out the back catalogue for ages - rereleasing the same shit over and over in different forms for ridiculous prices, all the while sitting on a shit heap of to this day unreleased stuff. Compared to this TSP has been pretty lavish!
funny that you mention this. it's actually quite fascinating to me how Roger Taylor, and even more so Brian May, seem to absolutely revel in the dinosaur glory of being a talking head on VH1 "Behind The Music" specials, conducting what is practically the same interview over and over and over again since like 1988, and talking about songs they worked on 40-50 years ago (and that were mostly written by a dead guy who was subsequently replaced by a complete joke of a reality tv contestant).

i mean Brian May at least is a sharp dude (don't know about Roger "I'm In Love With My Car" Taylor), he's got a clear mind, you'd expect him to challenge that shit just a biiit more. but they seem to be perfectly content being Those Guys. in that regard, i have tremendous respect for Corgan for refusing to be The 1979 Guy and trying again and again, even after almost two decades of putting out horrifying new material and receiving scalding reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I don't have anything to add beyond that this has always been one of my all-time favorite album covers.

https://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JP...er=allrovi.com
i'd known this cover since i was a kid but obviously wasn't able to see the nuance in it, so i was like 'ok i guess'. but now your appreciation for it made me look at it differently somehow and now i can really appreciate it.