View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 01:51 AM   #18
zmxncbv99
Pledge

you're right, tcm.

quote: "Billy's no quitter. how can you suggest that a simple thing like chance could stand between his unmitigated will and his ultimate glory? Will He Is."

i'll tell you what i think... billy is lucky. he has become a genius. but i am convinced that when he was 20, he was just a moderately-talented weirdo. he was not destined for anything, but he preservered, and his "prime" happened to coincide with the alternative movement. if he were born 5 years earlier, success would not have found him and he would have quit. he would have went to college. i believe that if you would have met billy 20 years ago, you would have met a very confused person with no great plan. only hopes. he became a genius by the time he was 30, but i probably wouldn't be impressed by a 20-year -old billy corgan. i don't think any of us would.

though i cannot tell you how much i admire his "unmitigated will." i tried doing music. my ambitions were not sustainable. in any case, billy has been an enormous inspiration to me because of what he did do. although i still stand by my point that it could have never happened, if a certain butterfly flapped its wings.