View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:30 PM   #188
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alt-ri...d-the-dow-drop

Quote:
Alt-Right Trump Fanboys: Dow Drop Is a ‘False Flag’
President Trump’s most ardent supporters dismissed the largest single-day point drop in the index’s history as a nothingburger—or a conspiracy.

Scott Bixby
02.05.18 5:19 PM ET

President Donald Trump and his biggest boosters have frequently touted the performance of stock indices as evidence of the success of his slash-and-burn approach to tax policy and industry regulation.

“The reason our stock market is so successful is because of me,” Trump said in November. “I’ve always been great with money, I’ve always been great with jobs, that’s what I do. And I’ve done it well, I’ve done it really well, much better than people understand and they understand I’ve done well.”

But after the Dow Jones Industrial Average suffered its largest single-day point decline in history on Monday, some of the president’s most dedicated followers were positive that the erasure of 2018’s market gains is anyone’s fault but his.

“Is the historic -1500 DOW drop a false flag by the big banks?” tweeted InfoWars host Alex Jones, a moon-landing denier who counts President Trump among his fans. “Should we investigate Goldman Sachs?!”

Jones—who believes that the federal government had a hand in both the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and in rising rates of amphibian homosexuality—went on to retweet a poll showing 66 percent of respondents believe the cratering of the Dow to be orchestrated by the so-called “Deep State.”