View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #11
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by trev
someone ( i think mainly davin?) presumed it to be an adore era tape when we first started getting the first leaks, back in feb.

i think it's much more likely to be a judas o demo tape, a mix billy made anytime between 99 and 01 of things to put on judas o. i think it's definatley sourced from different studio sessions, and the songs that we've heard and were previously released to me sound like identical mixes, just worse quality transfers / lineage. some people still claim they are different mixes, as the original leaker (sp457?) was asking us to listen for differences as (s)he believed them to be alternate mixes.

edit - i really can't be fucked finding the thread that had that discussion in it now, but i will in a few days if no-one else does. (i hope someone else does...)
its quite simple really.

it was presumed to be adore era becuase (a) it shared a lot of tracks with Adore Demos I and (b) it was submitted to the LOC in 1998 according to the catalog date.

whether or not machina songs were "ready for demo" in 1998 is up for debate (knowing how billy has often re-used riffs and songs often written earlier), however if the band was still touring and jimmy was not back yet, i have hard time classifying them as machina-era.

also the style of songs, etc. (which granted is a more subjective opinion) also seem to fit, but thats only worth consideration after you realize a & b above.