View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #22
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
i don't know i've heard quite a bit of good things about the newest 3 releases, i haven't heard Bad Witch yet but of the two EP's i definitely gravitated more toward AV

in any case, i must be the only person in this thread to actually like WithaTeetha!
Bad Witch is really funky, Add Violence is like...pop mixed with noise, NTAE is just really gloomy and dense. They all have their own identity which is why I don’t want to lump them together even though Trent says they’re meant to go together

I like parts of WT, but the lyrics are so fucking bad on that album

And I know Trent’s lyrics have never been amazing but there is usually a sense of mystique and intrigue in his lyrics but they’re so banal on the album...”I am a good boy and I want to swallow it all SWALLOW IT ALL SWALLOW IT ALL” is cringey. It also lacks a lot of soundscapes and Trent admitted he wanted to make it more pop friendly.

But it also has some golden songs like All the Love in the World, and the last four songs which are fucking epic. I mean it’s still a 6/10 for me, I just don’t ever listen to it