View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #1
dodoz
Demi-God

Default Mystery Pumpkin show - august 93 in France ?

Alright...I wanted to share an image here but i'm getting "Upload Errors" over and over.

4 years ago, I posted an ad for a french festival featuring the Pumpkins on my facebook page and never got more info about this mystery show. It's not listed anywhere.
France was late and had to catch up with the Pumpkins for years .It shows in this very unusual booking in an outdoor biker festival (!) in the french countryside...It's called "Free Wheels", took place in Cunlhat (if it did take place) in august 93 (19-20-21-22).The other bands are either very obscure nobodies, probably local bands, or blues rock acts very different from the Pumpkins. Who knows if the band even played there, and if so, what was the date ? It's a mystery. I'm not sure this audience deserved the Pumpkins in their prime.

The listed bands are : Space Cake, Arlekin, Odyssey, Truckers, J Boss Band, Hey Bookmakers
Then in bigger print : Meteors, Hans Olson,John Luke Logan, Smashing Pumpkins
And in even larger print, so probably headlining (and yes, these two were bigger than the Pumpkins at the time) : Jeff Healey, Calvin Russell.

A far cry from Reading or Lollapalooza...