View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 03:18 PM   #20
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
Sure.

With regard to Pomp and Circumstances, initially, I was thrown by the sound. I didn't care much for it, and thus I didn't care to try and focus on what he was actually singing about. Over time I started to appreciate the sound, but it wasn't unti hearing the live version that I realized that the lyrics were really very fragile... almost like Blissed and Gone. After reading the lyrics along with the music, I found that the song is very well-written... very good, emotional articulation. With proper punctuation, the lyrics are very moving, I think:

"When I was born, I lost.
When I was freed, I fought.
Now that I’m loved, I’m caught
between the rest and this tragic mess;
an invited guest.

[and later...]

Cause I won't tell,
I won't tell a soul
that I'm mad as hell;
torn, broken and frayed.
I'm torn, broken and frayed.
No... I'm cold, worn out and shamed."
I was already convinced for P&C, but yes you have pointed out some good lines. The live version really floored me in Dallas.

I'm still not a big fan of the vocal delivery on 7SOB, although the music is great. Not sure about the lyrics really either...

Starz I like more.

But they should bring 7SOB and Starz back live! 7SOB has been the least played song from Zeitgeist. They said in one of the Myspace interviews that they thought 7SOB and COLG would be great live, but then they tried them and it didn't work as expected. They've since re-done COLG slightly and it rocks. Time for 7SOB to return...