View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 11:52 PM   #119
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
I'll wait for the album posted on YouTube in High Resolution, to then make a quick download.

Corgan should press 666 CD's and 666 vinyls, with a cheaper price for the Shitharder-box, when ordering it too...
You do realize YouTube is only 256 AAC, it is not lossless nor high resolution. YouTube unfortunately has no plans to go higher as it require them to have to redo their contracts with music labels.

They did an AMA back at the end if 2018.

HQ audio (higher than 256kbps)?

Right now we don’t have any plans for audio quality higher than 256kbps. Our deals would require us to charge more to stream FLAC, so at this point we are focused on improving performance rather than supporting lossless streaming.

https://support.google.com/youtubemu...d/338369?hl=en

HD video doesn't mean HD audio.

I still occasionally buy CDs, especially Japan editions with additional tracks. I'll get a track in 16 bit lossless WAV/FLAC and/or hi-res if possible. If I can't find it digitally, I'll buy the CD. Ive had to do this with specific b-sides. I'll take a CD over vinyl as the only positive aspect of vinyl is large artwork. I tried vinyl for a little bit and gave up on it. The worst part is constantly getting up and having to change sides and records just to listen to an album. It completely ruins the listening experience. I like to put on an album from start to finish without any interruptions whatsoever. Plus, why would I want to take audio and add surface noise and pops and crackles? Most atudios work digitally now in 24 bit. Give me the cleanest and highest audio source possible. Now, with hi-res, it's like the artist handing you the file after being completed in the studio. Some folks, the way they get with vinyl, very self-masturbatory behavior. In the end, if you like vinyl, it's a preference and nothing to do with superior audio quality.

Last edited by MyKeyZ : 11-10-2019 at 12:03 AM.