View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 10:15 PM   #99
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I view Trump and his winning of a democratic election in the United States of America as a glaring symptom of social decline and that also covers my view on how you guys have dealt with the pandemic.

While I couldn't claim to know ovary's exact thoughts, both of you have yet to convincingly demonstrate how his argument differs from those portrayals I've made of it despite ongoing efforts to wring some sense from the idea that we cannot accurately refer to America as experiencing any amount of the decay or decline that'd permit the use of those words.
you've decided his argument meant a certain thing which he doesn't, so I'm not sure there is much I can do to convince you.

Trump is a symptom of shit that has been going on in this country for hundreds of years. It's not a decline, it's a reversion to the mean. Part of what ovary is saying, and what I am saying, is the fact that things have been especially good for an especially large number of people in the US in the last 60-80 years is the exception, not the rule. Your interpretation is that we must mean nothing better can be hoped for, but literally no one said that at all.