View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #1598
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
I doubt Billy's lawyers went after D'arcy. The last time I talked to her in May she seemed to be in a good mood and wasn't even talking about the Pumpkins. This was about a month after she regularly stopped posting comments on Alternative Nation. I think she said her piece/vented and has just moved on. She's a very private person.

Billy attacking D'arcy, or even worse having lawyers threaten her, would totally destroy any positive publicity for the tour. Imagine those headlines. It'd shine an even bigger light on her not being there, and make Billy look like a total asshole and play into all of the worst media narratives about him. I do think the picture was probably retaliation, but it wasn't circulated too much fortunately due to the complete lack of context.
Exactly. When you're threatened legally and don't have the funds to fight back you shut up and you shut up fast. That's the point of the the legal intervention. She can't say anything and if she did she would end up in court. That's why it wouldn't come out that she was threatened. The same point of looking like an asshole applies to my theory on the bloody picture of her. I would wager he had nothing to do with it. That doesn't mean a sycophant from the SP camp didn't do it. He didn't say anything to fatcow because he doesn't want any attention drawn to it. But you're WAY CLOSER to the situation so I would defer to your insight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
What is interesting is how Billy seemed to generally speak more positively about her on Stern last month, outside of the slander quote, compared to the Lars Ulrich and New York Times interviews that were conducted back in February where he said she'd 'burned the bridge forever.' He actually said she was eccentric in a good way on Stern, and even that 'maybe someday' she'd be back, but that he thought that ship had probably sailed.
Yeah. I even thought the Lars interview was somewhat kind to her. Do you think there is any possibility that this was a stunt that she wasn't ready and this was used to drum up media fire? This would give her time to get back in shape for an even bigger reunion announcement in 2 years. It was far too ugly and negative to be premeditated but I wonder.

Last edited by KissesandNoise : 07-12-2018 at 11:01 AM.