View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 12:44 AM   #68
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
That's quite interesting. I didn't make it out to a show as they didn't come to town and I didn't feel it was worth it to trek out to a province over or in Seattle, but I've read a lot of these ecstatic reviews from some of the most bitter and jaded fans. I definitely wasn't expecting the fan response to be so positive.

I watched that whole Seattle show and the set honestly sorta seemed a little bloated, I realize you can't judge unless you're actually there though.
yea, not that different to me, didn't see the shiny tour, it looked like something I don't need to be bummed out for missing, I saw most of the Seattle video. Arena theatrics with costumes and the greatest hits aren't my thing with this music.

but had I not read so much "woa, this show was so good" from people who did go to Shiny, I might have put my foot down and hadn't gone to Shiny II yesterday, either.
part of me thought I might get into it when actually there, alas, I did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
would you feel differently if it were the original four?
differently for sure, if I would have loved it just because, I don't know. i would have been excited, yes, simply because D'arcy was to me a bit like what Iha seems to be to some, an integral part that made SP so important to me. but that is like, alternate reality, I am not in the camp of "no D'arcy, no dice", but how it all went down most def. has a lot to do with why I don't get any nostalgic flashbacks over what we have now.

Last edited by pavementtune : 12-02-2018 at 12:49 AM.