View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:32 AM   #360
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
i don't believe that. it's possible that we could have one party rule for the next generation or two, even if the GOP only represents a third of the voting population in this country.

If they hold all the States they now hold in 2020 they'll control the next gerrymander. The Senate is constitutionally rigged, and that's not going to change. The next thing they'll rig is the Electoral college. The easiest way would be to pick key states that might swing Democratic in the presidential election and change the allocation of electors to congressional districts, which are already gerrymandered. Something like that in the 2012 election would have changed michigan from an Obama win to obama getting 5 electors and Romney getting 9. Same thing would have happened in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, etc. If they do that and keep those states gerrymandered no demographics will change it.
yeah, I guess that's the apocalypse scenario and it could happen. that's the kind of shit that foments civil unrest