Thread: TV thread
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 07:51 AM   #226
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
Watched the first episode of Bodyguard. I've heard it called 'The British version of 24', so I figured I'd check it out. It was ok, I'll stick with it since the first season is only 6 episodes.
My girlfriend watched it with her daughter so I got a running review each week. It sounded fun but wildly unrealistic, wasn't inspired to bother with it. It was real water-cooler TV over here though in these drama-deprived isles.

Quote:
I still watch The Walking Dead mostly because I'm not looking for anything from it. It's mindless entertainment on a Sunday night.
Not watched the current season yet but the last two or three I've had periods where I've considered why I'm bothering. The quality of writing has gone really downhill. The plotting is so damn lazy, so characters do 180s in their positions and are required to make idiotic decisions to make the plot work. It's rare that i actually enjoy an episode. i'm sitting there mentally picking it apart or just feeling ambivalent about the fate of the characters, even those we're supposed to be invested in.

I mean the zombies haven't been the primary antagonists in the show since the Governor, I guess but i think they were neutered as a genuine danger back when the group cleared the massive horde from Alexandra with just knives etc. Now if anybody gets killed by one I'm just thinking "so we're meant to believe they are a threat again now?"