View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #2
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Hi, nu-metal kid from way back here.

I loved Static-X from the moment I first heard Bled For Days on the Bride of Chucky soundtrack. I spun Wisconsin Death Trip so much that I'm pretty sure the disc doesn't work anymore. I found all of the follow-ups to be lacking in comparison, but still followed them to the bitter end. To this day, WDT is one of the few nu (or nu adjacent) albums I still spin unironically on occasion, along with Snot's Get Some and Sevendust's self-titled.

Like you, I hated to see how it all ended. I saw the band proper on what I believe was their last US tour. I honestly thought I had spotted some comraderie between Wayne and Tony, but I guess I was wrong. Sure enough, Tera was on stage shaking her tits the whole time, but it was still a really fun set. I have no interest in this revived version of the band. The band died with Wayne. If the three dudes got a new singer and a new name, I'd be 100% supportive, but this feels shitty and cheap.

ANYWAY I've moved onto much cooler music like Third Eye Blind and Jimmy Eat World