View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #201
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
(Freddie Prize Jr. as some buffed up Latino badass? And it actually works? Wow.),
i know right

james vega was one of the only things about ME3 that retained the sense of humor

the bits in leviathan re: the screaming husk head had me in stitches because i was already poking it all the time before he even showed up so Jinette Shepard was totally on board with taking the thing to her cabin

but yeah ME3 is really a pretty bad case of Y SO SRS? and it's because of the baddies that are just WAY TOO BIG. i mean they just wrote an unsolvable problem, i don't care what you think. they practically made it so the McGuffin would have to destroy it because there was no way out of it otherwise. I mean if you toned it down a bit, i had an idea bout galactic space locusts that migrate between the dark space between galaxies. but making them ancient supermachines of such magnitude was a serious error from jump

i picked control because well Jinette doesn't think anyone in the galaxy should have that kind of power but she's sure convinced she'd use it wisely and for the greater good and for justice (spoiler: she wouldn't). I played it out that she'd become this gestalt consciousness that would basically rule the universe and violate all kinds of personal rights in the interests of the greater good and justice and etc. Hell I'd go so far as to launch ME4 on the idea that the Shepard is basically the collected remnants of the reapers that function as brutal state police. THE SHEPARD IS WATCHING and all that, right? Everything is sparkly and peaceful and clean and people behave themselves but it's completely totalitarian and inherently unfree. Would be dope. And you'd fight it/them but i'd make it/them less invincible, for sure.

however, they should have had some of the renegade responses to TIM run in this direction, and they most certainly didn't. You know the kind of "YOU SUCK BUT I'M TOTALLY FINE I CAN DO IT FUCK YOU GUY" response that someone completely doomed to be a totalitarian dictator "for the greater good." But, like i said. There were jackboots on their backs throughout the dev process, it's very obvious.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 05-15-2013 at 01:09 AM.