View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 03:21 PM   #80
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I see libertarians as largely falling into two camps.

There are the sincere ones who genuinely think that free markets and competition with lift all boats and give everyone a fair chance and improve human welfare and allow everyone to rise to the top. I think they are naive and I don't agree with them, but they are generally okay people. I respect them more than I do traditional conservatives, because at least when they say they want the government out of their lives, they actually mean it, and don't make exceptions for "but I still want the government to tell me who I can marry and to throw me in jail for putting the big no-no substances into my body and to have an interest in promoting one religion over others."

The other camp of libertarians are the ones who aren't under the illusion that capitalism is in the best interest of everybody, but don't care, because "fuck the poor, fuck minorities, fuck women; I've got mine, Jack." A lot of them are closet fascists who, despite thinking that the government should be kept out of markets, still want the government to strictly regulate immigration as a form of trade barrier on cheap labour, because if brown people are willing to work harder for less money, then the government should step in to protect less competitive whites. They tend to embrace shades of cultural- and ethno-nationalism that pretty smoothly greases their slide through the libertarianism-to-fascism-pipeline. And the next thing you know, they have gone from regurgitating Ayn Rand to Tweeting about how female popstars need to stop wasting their eggs and instead stay at home and start making babies before the browns and blacks start outbreeding the whites.

Ermm .... no. Those two are the same one