View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #231
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
williampcorgan
AJC with my father, Billy Dale Corgan. Though my Father and I have had our bumps and downs through the years, and as he pointed out to me yesterday, 'think of the stories I haven't told you', he remains the original inspiration for my life in music. And it's a shame that I don't have any evidence to demonstrate to you what an incredible musician he was in his prime, and how to this day his talent inspires awe and a sense of dignity in my heart; for music being a noble art, his respect for greatness in others made me want to live up to his high standards. Which might explain my long-standing scrum with the critical intelligentsia, for believe it or not, and their various condemnations aside, my Father's standards were always much higher than theirs. So it wasn't they in whom I wanted ultimate validation from, it was his. Which is why Bill Sr's blessing on the Orpheus-like return of the band means so much to little Bill.
For music being a noble art.

For believe it or not.

NOT.

Also the critical intelligensia have way higher standards than his drug-dealing dad, who has no fucking musical legacy to speak of. D’arcy and Mike Byrne have achieved more. And critics didn’t condemn SP’s output when it was good, and they were supportive of Zwan and Oceania. The 3/5 MTAE reviews weren’t some sort of critical stand-off.

Corgan destroyed his own fanbase and pissed on critics when he turned on them for not liking his unpleasant production decisions and ‘trained’ singing voice. I mean if your music sounds shitty to your core, adoring fanbase, that’s a major fucking problem for a supposed arena touring AAA rock band.

He really is like Trump.