View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #119
Jelly Blossom
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermayo View Post
Although I tend to agree with you that MTAE is far from Billy's best work...I really enjoy the album. It's better than the vast majority of crap being spewed by bands currently. Just sharing my opinion. And Anti-Hero really is a great song when you can get past the sub-par lyrics.
Lyrics are just as important to me as music or melody when it comes to songs and that's been one of my problems with Billy in recent years, especially with his work on MTAE and on songs such as "Anti-Hero" and "One and All".
The guy's pushing 50, claims that he's a musical genius, and yet is consciously releasing songs with horrible lyrics such as "Never been kissed by a girl like you/All I wanna, I wanna do/Love me baby, love me true" and "I don't mind what you're running/Cause you and me we're just something/Don't just hang what you're running".... and yes, he rhymes the word "running" with the word "running" there. True genius.

As I've grown as an individual I've realized that artists like Billy haven't grown (either as a person or an artist) and I find that irritating and fucking disturbing for some reason.

He's so content with releasing mediocre work (or work by his admission is just 'ok') and then he wonders why people don't think he's great and aren't worshiping him unconditionally. The fact that he has cognitive dissonance with that is fucking amazing.