View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:13 PM   #58
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by russticles View Post
It was 4am here in Western Australia when I woke up and decided to check the store to find that it had already been live for 2hrs and I missed out on all the snare drums! ARGH! Can't believe how cheap some of them went for
Yeah there were some amazing deals on stuff. Like even ignoring it's Jimmy C's stuff, they're very good prices.

I already have two or three snares I love; what I was looking for (in my fantasy where I'm rich) was iconicness and history: the Today snare, Cash Car snare, Machina kit. Similarly, I'm surprised the timpani didn't sell yet: pretty cool piece, MCIS era gig case, very iconic. But maybe I've just watched the Dusseldorf show too much.

Which is why I'm so weirdly happy with my hihat mount. That was on his kit for some amazing fucking gigs...Pinkpop, Dusseldorf, Metro record release shows, Brixton... Much more a piece of the Pumpkins than some random snare he used on some random side project. Those pieces of metal had some amazing sound waves wash over it. And it's now mine, for $35. Shit.

Similarly, I wish he had some of those JC badge kick drum heads for sale [not attached to a $15k drum kit]. As well as any cymbals at all. I'm looking for a new china anyway, and at these prices + Pumpkins relevance, it would've been a fucking steal.