View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 01:13 PM   #218
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Seems like a perfectly reasonable opportunity to thank those who have shown support for him in the face of media backlash and to also mention that next time he will win by at least 51%.

‘We love you’: Trump ‘honors’ Black History Month by having black people shower him with praise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYUBgjBaTxk

Quote:
01 FEB 2017 AT 11:14 ET
David Edwards

President Donald Trump honored Black History Month on Wednesday by meeting with a number of his African-American supporters, attacking the media and congratulating himself.

“This is Black History Month. So this is our little breakfast, our little get together,” Trump announced from White House Cabinet Room. “During this month we honor the tremendous history of the African-Americans throughout our country, throughout the world if you think about it, right? And this story is one of unimaginable sacrifice, hard work, and faith in America.”

After noting that his Housing and Urban Development secretary was Ben Carson, the president went on to attack the media for spreading what he what he called “fake news” about the Martin Luther King Jr. bust being removed from the Oval Office.

“The statue is cherished, it’s one of the favorite things, and we have some good ones, we have Lincoln and we have Jefferson, we have Dr. Martin Luther King,” he continued.

“I don’t like watching fake news. Fox has treated me very nice, I don’t know where Fox is, thank you,” Trump said, looking around the room. “We need more jobs, better wages. We’re going to work very hard in the inner city. Ben will be doing that, one of his big things. We need safer communities. We’re going to do that with law enforcement. We’re going to make it safe. We’re going to make it much better than it is right now. Right now it’s terrible.”

Looking around the table at his black supporters, Trump congratulated himself for his performance in the election.

“If you remember, I wasn’t going to do well with the African-American community,” he said. “And after they heard me speaking and talking about the inner city and lots of other things. We ended up getting — I won’t go into details but we ended up getting substantially more than other candidates who had run in the past years.”

Trump then allowed his supporters an opportunity to praise him.

“We love the Lord, we love our new president, and we’re praying for our new president,” a pastor from Ohio told Trump. “Our president gives us his ear, to listen to the community, to listen. And people like us are here to constantly put that message out into the community. And we love you for that.”

“So much of the media is opposition party,” Trump complained. “Knowingly saying incorrect things. It’s a very sad situation. But we seem to be doing well. You know, it’s almost like, in the meantime we won. So maybe they don’t have the influence they think. They really have to straighten out their act. They’re very dishonest people.”