View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #1
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Red face the silverfuck joke

since i was a kid i always wondered why would billiam take such a sterile record, sequencing wise, such as Siamese Dream (which features next to zero rumination between tracks, only numbers banging one after the other) and choose to shove that particular TV monologue as a segue between a song about his riccarded brother and a song about shooting bitches ded in the hed. why would he? why did he? you don't just come up with random stuff to do, it's gotta start from somewhere.

so DID JA EVER THINK...

that this line

Quote:
i'm feeling alienated and dissatisfied and it really comes between us
might contain more than it appears to?

when asked about this particular recording appearing on the album, i can't find the source now but i distinctly remember bellrum mccorgdman laughed and said "i just thought it was funny".

SO DID JA EVER KNOW... THAT...

billiam actually put that quote on the record as a joke about his bandmates! think about it: the solo masturbator (the pasty bald guy who plays all the instruments on the record) does his rubbing and funning, while the other party (james and marcy) end up feeling alienated and bitter and don't get to participate. which in turn gets them to be butthurt, and their plea is forever etched on the heart of the record. right after the most boring song and right before the most awesome jam everybody skips to. yep, that's precisely where burrlow carribean would shove a joke about his bandmates. the place that matters least.

also note: the imminent, bulging clues as to the undercurrents that would tear the band apart in the next few years to come - or, should we use the words spoken on tape by the lady in question: "IT REALLY COMES BETWEEN US".

THANK YOU

I'M BOB HOPE.

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 12-20-2017 at 12:52 PM.