View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 11:31 PM   #235
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
let me tell you guys a story about stinging slap to the face, five red fingers on the cheek kind of rejection.

the other day, feeling lonely and depressed, i went out to eat at a restaurant by myself. (i've always felt terrible when i'd see a stranger sitting alone at a restaurant, and now that i'm on the other side, i know why. it's shitty indeed)
so i'm sitting there, eating a bowl of seafood linguini, and i spot a visually enjoyable female figure to my left, also sitting alone and drinking wine. so i start this self defeating dialogue with myself, and it takes me the whole bowl of pasta to decide that i'm going to be one of those guys and pop and opener on her. so in excruciating insecurity i fake confidence, and go: "...ya know, only losers go to restaurants by themselves."
she actually laughed, pretty wholeheartedly! so we go on the usual "what brings you to town" (she's also a foreigner) et cetera. and after a bit i say, "so, would you like to go get some coffee sometimes or something?"
i thought i nailed it, man! so casual. certain humans of the darker variety would even assert it "smoooooooth".
but she's like, "probably not". somehow the "probably" made it even harsher.
so then i told her "cool. have a nice evening then". and sat there for like two more minutes to prove a point that she won't make me escape in shame. and then i escaped in total shame, though i made sure i walked out looking confident. and then i went home and cried underneath my bed.

tehbolly out, i'll die alone.
QUICKSAND!