View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #69
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothahi4L View Post
I showed the cover my grandfather 95y. He said "fuckibg nazis". He was forced to join with 17 years. Or they would have shot him. He was and still is against nazis.
But the art- cover- reminds him of that horrible time.
Slowly i get it: billy supports trump, mancow and the other radio asshole. And now this nazi cover.
My hopes are low because solara is so embarrassing and the new song recorded at the same time.
Lokkn foward to your comments on sept.13th
Yeah, I get that this art has a lot of associations with the Nazis. My point is that the actual art movement that Nazi and fascist art was a part of was actually an international movement. If you look at frescoes and designs of period architecture in places like New York or LA you will see similar art. The Chrysler building is not Nazi style.

That being said, assholes with white supremacy sympathies use this art today. I think that Billy is dumb to choose this in 2018, when the neo-nazi associations out power other possible interpretations. Linda Strawberry as Leni Riefenstahl. Unless Billy starts using swastikas I probably won’t change my opinion on this.