Thread: Reunion Setlist
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:29 PM   #9
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I want tem to play:

2 bars of hi-hat quarter notes
The next three bars will be a single guitar doing two beats of a G5 chord and 2 beats of an A5 chord, except in a shuffle rhythm
Then that continues for another five bars, but now a D on the seventh fret of the G string plays a doted quarter note, followed by a quaver rest, and then a half-note open high E, over top the rhythm
Then begins a walking C-Lydian bassline
At this point, the audience starts clapping to the beat. Actually, I want them to clap on the off-beats.
The rhythm starts strumming a half-bar of E-min7 and a half-bar of Amin7, while the lead kicks on the phaser and plays the chords arpeggiated. The bassline plays four quarter-notes of of G on the third fret of the E string, and four quarter notes of C on the third fret of the A string. I'll leave it to Corgan how many bars this goes on for because I'd like to see where he takes it.
But after that, he plays a mean solo in B Phrygian while James plays D-maj7/B-min/E-min, playing the first chord for two bars, and the next two chords for half a bar each. D'arcy plays the base notes, and Jimmy starts doing blast-beats.

After the song, Billy does some stage banter and makes a joke about the Chicago Bulls. James puts his hand on his cheek and chuckles because the joke is funny. An audience member yells "GO BULLS!" and Billy says, "yeah, you know it!"

I'll be pretty upset if they don't play this. I mean, it would be my favourite song.

Last edited by Disco King : 02-28-2017 at 08:45 PM.