View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 02:26 AM   #155
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I don't remember that Seinfeld aids walk episode.

The Louis bit is tough for me because the punchline "People from Phoenix are Phoenicians - shut the fuck up faggot, and suck that cock" is great comedy, to me, but at the same time I bristle at it because in many situations it would be a terrible, hateful thing to say. I hate the idea of comics being told not to make jokes out of things. And it's not a "LOL those men have sex with each other" joke, is it?

I put my foot in it when I said I enjoyed one of Chappelle's latest bits, about the superhero who "rapes, but he saves", over dinner at a restaurant. There was someone there whose daughter was raped and who hates rape jokes because of it. I felt shitty afterwards when somebody told me about it...but the person who told me about it said she felt terrible because he'd just been telling her about how he hates rape jokes, right before I described it to the table, and then she couldn't stop herself from laughing. I mean, a lot of people find it funny. It's terrible, like a terrible thing to laugh about, but it's funny to so many of us.