View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #85
Jerry's Ray
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Yeah and they shat all over it.

even Spielberg considers Doom to be the worst one of the first 3.

It was my intro to indy so i should like it better.

how can you like shortround? Hes a stupid annoying character, the kind Lucas excels at. He's essentially jar jar binks.

Children should be kept out of film as much as possible. Even when i was a kid i hated him. I don't need a surrogate, all i need is to imagine i'll grow up to be just like indy.
Spielberg??? Pfft! He's an ass... What the hell does he know about film making...?
Short round doesn't annoy me like Jar Jar! I get what you mean about annoying kids and all and yeah Lucas does excel at little bastard kid characters but I give him a pass on Short round... even as an adult, I still like him a lot; especially the card playing scene when Wiley is freaking out.

Also, I think my love for him comes from Goonies as well. He plays the little Asian stereotype so well that I just wanna pinch his little Asian cheeks.

Quote:
Some people will say you're missing out but the truth is the indy films, if you didnt see them as a kid you probably won't really get it.

You'll be like yeah it was alright but.... insert shrugging smilie here.
Yeah I agree. Its a shame really. Adventure films of today are a pale comparison. Even the Mummy films which were hyped to the fuck as being the "Next Indy's" were shite in comparison.

Also, I really wish the Mummy films hadn't come out because I would have LOVED to see an Indy film in an Egyptian setting...

Quote:
Its kinda ingenious because you think Jack Burton is the hero but he's not, he's the sidekick, the hero is the chinese "sidekick". the trailer probably should have told people that, apparently audiences didn't get it which is why it had to become a cult film, it didnt do well in theaters. Would that carpenter always have remained the b movie genius he once was.

But probably if you didnt see it as a kid...
This is by far my fav John Carpenter film. I think his Horror is overrated (with the exception of "the Thing" which is a masterpiece) and I really wish he would go back and make a sequel set in todays day with Russell and Catrall back as well as wang. With the cultish love that it has today, I think it would be a hit - kinda like how Austin Powers was underappreciated at the box office in the first outing and then went spastic when the sequel came out with all the cult love it experienced on DVD...