View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 02:12 AM   #129
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
So it was. I was fucking LIVID at the time, like “how dare you, who the fuck sre you?”, I honestly think it was because I’d heard the reissue and he hadn’t and he was trying to establish some authority. And because he’d bought into the Corgan story so much it somehow offended him that I said I thought a James Iha demo was a highlight. Although in retrospect im not sure why I thought that at the time, cos it’s pretty but not all that. Anyways, the encounter put me off SP message boards/engaging with the fsn community for years.

Was that here?
I don't think it happened here, but I remember it perfectly

Monte had been given the privilege of listening to the album before everyone else in the community because he had his website at the time. Monte was then releasing the odd little 5 second snippet or "sips of tea" as he called it in order to promote the upcoming release.

Basically, he was living the dream and feeling ecstatic that he was the only one who could provide any insight about the album and you came along and in his mind "stole his thunder" by providing an entire review hahaha.