Thread: Pic Post
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #1193
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

That cat one is amazing. The shallow depth of field, and catching zem right in the middle of that yawn.

I also like that trippy one. Looks like a shelf or something was blurred enough to become an abstract design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
you might be able to tell that people are my favorite subjects. i never even think about it until i see the photos.
like, it's not purposeful or anything, just how it turns out.
I've been thinking about how I need more people to photograph. Oft times, I see a scene that seems like it would make an interesting photograph because of the repetition of forms. For example, when I was at the cemetery, and there were rows of gravestones that seemed like they would look cool receding into the distance at an angle. But then when I got back the photos, I realized they were quite boring, and I figured the reason was that I needed something to break up the repetition to add interest. Like, say, a person standing in between a pair on the gravestones. So it might go stone, stone, person, stone, or something.

Sometimes when I come across people who look interesting, I ask them if they would mind if I take a photo. I like a lot of these, but the thing is that you can't do this without the subject instinctively posing. So, they rarely have that natural, candid look I like.

Last edited by Disco King : 08-09-2017 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Shrunk photo for ease of thread navigation