View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #39
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
2. how do you feel about Gnosticism?
I don't have any very strong feelings about it purely because my knowledge is pretty lacking. My (limited) understanding is that any literary accounts of Jesus that exhibited Gnostic attitudes were deliberately excluded by the early church councils, from the Bible. But that could be wrong, too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
3. Christianity has been the greatest ideological justification for evil and violence in human history, true or false?
Empirically, there must be an answer to this question, and I don’t know what it is, I’m sorry. I feel pretty sad thinking that it could be true. Obviously, most Christians don’t set out hoping it will be a justification for evil and violence. I guess there would be some. If this is true, part of what makes me sad is knowing I would have to reconsider my identity yet again. It isn’t really the easiest thing, I guess you and everybody would know that, as well as I do.