View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 04:06 PM   #165
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
yeah I mean the fact that Laura wrote what Annie told her to write in the missing pages and then they specifically addressed who Annie Blackburn is destroyed that theory to me, but I also haven't read the book. Apparently Mark Frost changed Norma's whole family?

woaw also is Diane colluding with evil Cooper!? The conversation around the dinner table is lively, motherfuckers. When she was alone with DoppelCoop at the prison, he freaked her out by alluding to a night they spent together or something along those lines... I really want Diane to be a hero and not a villain, but my guess is DoppelCoop compromised her somehow when he first escaped the Black Lodge, and his words to her at the prison were some kind of coded threat. If you noticed on the plane in ep. 9, she seemed to be waiting for something to happen on her phone, and then at the morgue she received DoppelCoop's text.
There's a lot of discrepancies between details, names and dates in the book, stuff like "Pete played checkers, not chess" when Pete playing chess was an integral part of tracking down Earle in S2. And according to Mark Frost it should all make sense after this season. There's a lot of speculation that parallel realities are at play, or will be.

There's kind of an ARG going on, they found the online blog Hastings described in the show (http://thesearchforthezone.com/ - which doubles as a shill site for the soundtracks), there's some text referring to alternate universes there, so they do seem to be building up to something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
is this like a hipster soap opera?
More like "a soap opera deconstruction" that a bunch of hipsters latched onto, really

Last edited by Shadaloo : 07-11-2017 at 04:12 PM.