View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #23
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Yeah I loved it. Crowd was weird? But Jim is a solid fuckin frontman. Nice to see a band give the audience what it wants without displaying obvious contempt

I'm shocked they manage to pour energy into The Middle still, but they do. Really glad I went.
Yeah, I am stunned they can still play some of these songs and not pout or go into autopilot mode like Bill does when he plays songs like BWBW and Today, but I guess that's the difference between career musicians with gratitude for their audience and a complete and utter spoiled, out-of-touch fuckhead baby like Corgan.

The crowd at my show was great. Everyone was oddly polite and respectful yet energetic and knew most of the songs. Someone threw a yellow balloon with a smiley face painted on it into the crowd at the start of A Praise Chorus and people were bouncing it back and fourth through the air for the next 5 songs or so. It was amusing and kind of inspiring to see a crowd indulge in something so silly without one single shithead ruining the vibe by keeping the balloon or popping it on purpose (spoiler alert: it ended up popping on its own in front of some dudebro's face).