View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 10:25 PM   #118
fuzzyroes
Banned

As much as I'd like to see Billy fall flat on his face for the way everything was handled, I'm actually predicting that this tour will be a major success.

I'm assuming they have someone like Live Nation backing it, and they go all out with the promotion and the production. They're focusing entirely on the nostalgia factor and they have 3/4ths of the original band back together, I think that's good enough to excite the general public.

Billy is actually lucky in a sense that the past 10 years were so under the radar. Most people don't even realize that he was still out and about making new music, so Live Nation or whomever can literally act is if those years didn't happen and that this is the first real reunion and the public will be none the wiser. Billy's Achilles heel was that he never fully embraced the nostalgia factor, he is now to the fullest extent and I think it'll get results. Sure, the hardcore fans know he's a sell-out wanker who's went back on his word, but most people couldn't care less.

All he's gotta do is throw another well known 90's band on the bill and this shit will sell like gangbusters. I think a lot of people are going to have to eat their hats on this one.

There is a little bit of importance on the new single... If he releases something again like Special K as a lead single it'll really stall any momentum. That's why I think that the new song will probably be pretty good. With all the money riding on the tour there was probably an agreement in place that the company backing the tour would have to make sure that the single is up to snuff. That's likely why they got Rubin in and the whole 9 yards for the 1 song alone.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 02-14-2018 at 10:31 PM.