View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 12:24 AM   #163
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I actually kind of liked the ending though. But I'm not sure if I'm understanding it correctly. I look at it like there's no sensational plot twist to end the series. Or are they trying to imply that he gets killed? They kept focusing on that kind of low-life looking white guy who was alone at the diner, almost baiting the audience into thinking he was about to whack Tony, and then they shift over and and focus in on the stereotypical up to no good "urban-street" looking guys. When everything goes black is that supposed to insinuate that he died? That would be dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
It's ambiguous, but the camera keeps going from third person, to first person from Tony's eyes, and back and forth. And when it goes to black, it is on Tony's perspective. I took that to mean that he was killed/shot. Other people think just nothing happens. Other people think he didn't get killed right there but they were alluding that there were people there to assassinate him.
Couldn't the take-away from that scene simply be that, even when having a pleasant dinner with his wife and kids, the cost of Tony being in his particular line of work is never feeling nor ever really being totally secure.

What happens next isn't always the question and the scene could have just as easily been intended as a play on the "happily ever after" trope.