View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #194
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
It would be great to see D'arcy, but it's not like seeing Primus without Les Claypool. Something is up. Something is missing in between "Let's get the band back together!" and "D'arcy's out." And it isn't as simple as "Billy's a prick." Let's wheel out a recluse battling addiction and personality disorders and see how our multi-million dollar tour goes! Who cares that she has made no attempt to play music in 20 years, she'll love it! Propping her up with 4 musicians at the top of their game wouldn't cause her any stress. And the 17 people on Netphoria don't care if we sound good. They just love her because ... um, uh - she's a girl!

I will be pissed if there is no female involved because, beyond aesthetics, a female backing vocal is essential to their sound. BUT 3 guitar reworkings of SP material with Jimmy muthafuckin' Chamberlin. I'm in.
Billy Corgan is one of the biggest assholes around, I'm not sure why it would be so surprising that this is just the result of him being a fucking dick. He has trashed just about every meaningful relationship he's ever had of any kind and it's always everyone's fault but his.

I was more of your mindset when the news first dropped that D'arcy was not involved. Then Billy Corgan and his camp proceeded to engage in some of the most outrageous assholery I have ever seen towards D'arcy. There is zero reason to have faith in or believe anything that comes from Bill's mouth anymore, or anyone associated with him. He's a fuckin liar and a trash human. Anything going on with D'arcy that might be a legitimate reason to leave her out takes a back seat to what an enormous piece of shit Corgan has been