View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 03:49 AM   #86
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadofnight View Post
God, that version of Cherub Rock was absolutely awful. That first verse, how laggy does the tempo get? It's embarrassing to listen to. The groove is completely missing from the whole song.
It's bad... And it's like that for the whole concert. What's worse is that the set list is terrible because it seems like Billy's just picking songs that he feels Wilk will have an easy time with and then you just end up with the stereotypical snoozers.

I realize that festival crowds still wanna hear the songs like Tonight tonight, Disarm, 1979, stand inside your love which is fine... But when you put those songs all together in the heart of the setlist surrounded by stripped down monuments songs it makes for a lousy experience.

What's even more odd is that from my understanding, Jimmy left the band because he didn't wanna put up with the busy schedule of the band and that he wanted to spend time with his families... BUT... if Billy was just doing the odd festival and club gigs like he is with this lineup I actually think Jimmy would have been down to participate.